Sunday, January 20, 2008

Art Car/Car Art

My friend, who calls himself Morse, has announced an art project here.

So I will, too. Nothing if not competitive.

I made this painting some time back.


It's 20 x 16 inches. I've begun working with a sign contractor here in Cow Hill to produce an edition of magnetic car signs (the kind you see on a plumber's truck, say, or on a van for a mom-and-pop office supply store) based on the painting or one like it.

The plan is to produce as many car-magnet paintings as I can afford and give them away on the condition that anyone who gets one has to display it on his/her car for a month. Call it a traveling show.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that idea. And I'll happily display one on the Subaru, of course.

Ann said...

We want to play, too! But we're lazy--so just send the car magnet to Kansas!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'll take one! I''ll display it forever on my truck!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Monkey is serious. You don't want the Fez coming down on you.