Monday, May 26, 2008

Barbecue II


The ribs were good. We ate very well tonight. That's a picture of some of them above. I smoked them for about 6 1/2 hours at 225 or thereabouts. A couple of times the pit dropped below 200 when the coals burned down too much, but they were most tasty all the same. I also made smoked chicken, a Mexican style coctel de camarones and a grapefruit and avocado salad with mint.

Sal was here. So were Susan and Michael and Vaughn and my sister. Susan brought tons of food that she'd made at her house -- potatoes, brisket, more ribs. Sal brought a young scholar who is visiting Cow Hill from Australia. I don't understand the visit, but it's not mine.

At one point this evening, I did an impromptu demonstration of smoker pit procedures for Sal and Vaughn's SO Carolyn. Well, they asked. Here's hoping it wasn't all error.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....and I had to settle for sushi.